For the blueberry and banana hot-cakes:
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons coconut syrup/pure maple syrup
- For the almond butter sauce:
- 4 heaped tablespoons almond butter
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons coconut/maple syrup
The night before: Mash the bananas until a smooth paste. In a bowl, combine the dairy-free milk, vanilla essence, syrup and oats. Leave overnight!
In the morning: Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a frying pan, and once melted, add a few large dollops of the mixture, flattening it down into a circle and pressing a few blueberries in the middle. Let it cook for around 4 minutes on each side until beautifully golden.
To make the almond butter sauce: Simply mix all the ingredients stated!
Repeat with the rest of the batch. Stack with banana slices, fresh blueberries and the almond butter sauce.